A Souper Business Venture
January 28th, 2020
Phew! We may be nearly mid-way through the Bright Stars 2020 competition but we’ve barely had a moment to update everyone.
This year, we have partnered with Newbarns Primary School in Barrow, whose business idea was to make and sell their own branded ‘Souper Soup’. It has really taken off and the team are doing an incredible job so far. With help from Orian staff members Len and Clary, the Souper Soups team have already:
– Interviewed for and selected a Board of Directors
– Put together a calendar of dates to make and sell soup
– Been given a free stall over two Fridays at the local Barrow Market
– Made two larges batches of soup and delivered them to the Barrow Homeless Shelter and Schneider Road Community Centre
– Created a logo and printed it on to labels for soup cartons and business documents
– Completed risk assessments to make sure the soup is always made and delivered safely
– Hand delivered soup to employees at Ulverston business Caterkwik on request
We still have another 5 week to go and we’re sure the team will continue doing a fantastic job. The local community have already been brilliant supporters of the business and we are having a wonderful time working with the Newbarns staff and pupils!