Healthy Eating Policy
Orian is committed to providing school meals that are fresh, nutritionally-balanced and made from locally-sourced products. As such, we have a Healthy Eating policy, which sets out our aims and objectives for working with our customers to deliver a school meals service which offers a selection of appealing and high quality meals and are prepared by trained staff.
We use the freshest ingredients possible, sourced from local suppliers and:
• Hot meals are prepared freshly every day
• Our recipes are developed and tested to contain less fat, sugar and salt
• We bake or steam rather than fry
• Our menus meet the Government’s National School Meal Standards
• We don’t use dyes or artificial colouring
• Chips and fried foods are served no more than once a week
• There’s no mechanically recovered meats or GM materials in our meals
Research shows enjoying a healthy, balanced meal at lunch time helps a child’s concentration in the afternoon – a balanced diet in childhood can prevent health problems in the short and longer term.
Our Healthy Eating Policy
To view our policy click here: Orian Healthy Eating
Our Quality Policy
As well as our commitment to Healthy Eating, we are also dedicated to providing quality services to our customers. To view our policy on Quality, please click here: Food Service Quality Policy