Lunch Shop – Primary School Catering
Orian currently freshly prepares, cooks and serves more than 13,500 school meals each day in school settings across Cumbria, the North West and the North East of England.
Lunch Shop is our branded primary school meals service. Through it we offer:
- Menus tailored to each school’s requirements
- We use the freshest possible ingredients, sourced from local suppliers
- A free online meals management system
- Marketing, promotional and display support
- Dedicated regional account management teams
- An annual plan of themed event days for schools to enjoy
Lunch Shop doesn’t just offer bespoke menus using locally-sourced ingredients, it also provides a free online meals management service, marketing, promotional and display support and dedicated account management. Menus are packed with fresh ingredients and are created with each school to make sure that not only do they meet all nutritional guidelines and standards, but they’re what pupils enjoy eating. There’s no ‘one size fits all’ – our menus are produced on a site by site basis to reflect what schools and pupils want to eat.
Lunch Shop Meals Management System
Schools across Cumbria, the North West and the North East of England use Lunch Shop. It is an innovative online ordering and payment system allowing parents to choose and pay for their children’s school meals online. The system is provided free of charge to schools we work with.
This unique system offers a range of great benefits for children, parents and schools. An easy-to-use tool, Lunch Shop reduces school’s administration time, allows parents to pay for school meals online and allows families to choose meals up to three weeks in advance.
Lunch Shop is provided free as part of a fully managed service including installation, training, support, hardware, software and transaction charges. Using the system frees up school administrator time and as payments can be made directly online by parents,using a safe and secure payment portal, it reduces the need for schools to handle cash or cheques on site.
The system also help keep lunchtimes efficient as kitchen teams know in advance meal numbers and the meals children have ordered.
Benefits for Schools
- Improved meal uptake
- Improved account management with the ability to track and audit payments
- Reduced administration time
- Future developments including account payments for school trips, breakfast and after school clubs
Benefits for Parents and Children
Using Lunch Shop means parents will not have to remember to bring cash or cheques into school to pay for meals,instead they can make secure online payments at a time convenient to them using their phone, tablet device or PC,and top-up whenever they need to.
Other benefits include:
- Online account management
- Pre-order meals in advance with your children
- Greater control of children’s diets
- Easy and secure on-line payments from PC, tablet or mobile phone