Janitor- Brunswick School, Penrith
We’re searching for a part-time Janitor to be based at Brunswick School, Penrith.
Your hours of work would be Monday and Friday, 6.30am-8.30am and Tuesday-Thursday, 6.30am-8.00am (8.5 hours per week)
Is this you?
- Practical (able to fix things!) and well organised in how you approach your work; able to meet deadlines
- Enthusiastic, reliable and enjoy working hard to deliver high standards for the customer; enjoy being on your feet and physically active
- Thrive working in an agile environment; you don’t mind having to change your focus from the task in hand
- Punctual; you don’t like being late!
- Happy working as part of a team, or independently, and you’re a good communicator
If this sounds like you, please read on!
We have an excellent opportunity in our Cleaning team…
Do you have?
- Previous experience in a janitorial/caretaker role (or similar handy-person type role)
- Previous cleaning experience (preferred but not essential; we can provide training)
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To clean and provide upkeep for spaces and buildings; performing basic repairs, maintaining cleaning supplies, operating cleaning equipment; being a key point of contact for the customer and ensuring the long term relationships are strengthened.
Cleaning and Maintenance
- Make adjustments (and conduct minor repairs where appropriate and safe) on heating, cooling, ventilation, plumbing, alarm and electrical systems
- Inspection, reporting and actioning of any building and ground repairs, as is safe to do and required (e.g. damaged fences; broken guttering; cracks in walls etc.)
- Ensure the site is heated accordingly, with attention on the economical use of fuel
- Provide regular meter readings
- Cleaning of internal areas within the school as designated
- Cleaning of external areas as regularly as required (leaves, litter, drains, gulleys etc.)
- Replenishment of toilet supplies
- Laying out and preparing the school for out of hours use as required, stacking and moving furniture as appropriate
- Maintain accurate records as required by the Company and the School
Health, Safety and Environment
- Act responsibly in relation to all matters which may affect the Health and Safety of yourselves and others whilst on Company premises, customers’ premises and travelling between sites, and to adhere to safety regulations at all times
- Observe all safety procedures and instructions and assist in maintaining a safe workplace and reporting any accidents, hazards, near misses, damages or defects to tools and equipment to the appropriate person
- Wear appropriate protective equipment (PPE) and use any safety devices provided by the company at the relevant times
- Ensure the security and safety of the premises; fire exits are clear and working; being a key holder and opening/locking the building as required
- Ensure only the cleaning materials/tools provided are used and adhere to COSHH regulations
- In periods of ice/snow, treating of pathways and steps with salt/grit
The hourly rate is £10.47 and the role is for 8.5 hours per week (Monday and Friday, 6.30am-8.30am and Tuesday-Thursday, 6.30am-8.00am).
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure check
Here at Orian Solutions we offer a number of benefits including:
Annual Leave Entitlement:
20 + 8 Days (Pro rata for part time staff)
Orian Defined Contribution (Aviva)
3% Employer contribution and 5% Employee contribution payable on earnings over £10000 pa and £833.33 per month